- University degree of Law (LLB) degree and preferably with advance degree in law; preferable with Certificate of Lawyer and a certain period (min 6 months of studying/working) abroad outside Vietnam.
- Experienced in Vietnamese law (with 8 years of practical working experience in Vietnamese law), jurisdiction, managing and consulting Business project from legal perspective; preferably gained with law firm and/or other economic fields with good knowledge on business is essential.
- Very solid experience in conduction critical negotiations and leading through very difficult conversations.
- Outstanding understanding of Vietnamese law;
knowledge of existing law and regulation, ability to work independent.
- High level of Integrity and Compliance.
- Strong consultancy skills. Fast comprehension of complex matters. Analytical and conceptual skill. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Strong sense of responsibility, self-confident, highly motivated personality, team player.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
The General Manager Legal Vietnam will lead a small team providing holistic legal advice for the entire Mercedes-Benz Vietnam (MBV) entity.
- Lead and manage all legal operative topics and the team to permanently analyze and monitor legal matters, risks and ongoing processes for all functions to ensure a transparent, precise and fully reliable legal consultancy by taking all latest and upcoming Vietnamese legal practices and jurisdiction into account.
- Oversee and drive legal matters associated with all upcoming strategic business projects to ensure a fully compliant and legally alignment in all business areas towards the top management and all involved stakeholders include all respective local authorities, third parties and corporate functions.
- Ensure proper legal advice in Vietnam
- Manage all legal matters within the company to ensure compliance with prevailing regulations.
- Consult General Director (GD) in protecting corporate interests, in particular, commercial-related issues;
- Provide legal advice for MBV operating business in Vietnam as assigned by and in consult with GD
- Help GD in contacting and dealing with outside lawyers and law firms; Be an external representation of MBV for all legal matters and judicial proceedings
- Consult HR Director in all HR related legal matters, disputes and contractual topics.
- Present all relevant legal topics to the Executive Board monthly.
- Provide legal support for structuring business model and for corporate matters.
- Prepare/maintain/ review standard contract/non-standard contract, terms and conditions, contracting package, contract termination.
- Manage and implement requirements of Antitrust Law; provide legal consultations for antitrust issues.
- Provide trainings on antitrust, legal update, corporate governance liability.
- Manage legal coverage program, legal risk report; provide relevant documentation and corporate governance and legal risk.
- Support legal defense on court proceedings, selection-negotiation-coordination of external counsels, appointment & management of external counsel, procedure & foreclosures, brand protection.
- Permanent member of the Executive Board Vietnam.
Interested candidates should submit an English letter of interest to:
Human Resources Department
Mercedes-Benz Vietnam Ltd.
693 Quang Trung Street, Ward 8, Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.